Occupational therapist under the supervision of the Director is responsible for providing clinical services including assessment, treatment, education, program planning and implementation in accordance with the college of occupational therapy standards.
- Responsible for the assessment of clients, establishment and ongoing evaluation and revision of treatment programs, including goals and discharge plans.
- Maintains current accurate clinical records according to standards set by College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. Documents assessment results, goals, treatment, client progress and discharge plans.
- Performs standardized assessments, as indicated.
- Collaborates with other members of the health team as needed.
- Communicates pertinent information and recommendations to clients/care providers and provides education regarding treatment strategies as needed.
- Observes the performance of those assisting in the Occupational Therapy program and provides guidance as necessary.