You will work with clients struggling with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, OCD, sleep issues, addictions, posttraumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, neurodevelopmental disorders (ADHD, autism, language and learning disorders) and traumatic brain injury (concussions). Furthermore, you will work with athletes, executives, and students who are striving to improve and optimize brain function using peak performance training.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be establishing rapport and directly interacting with different age groups (5-90 years of age) and genders from the moment the client walks in until she/he is set up with the recommended protocols (you will be trained) in neurofeedback, biofeedback, and neurostimulation therapy.
- You will be responsible for acquiring QEEG data from the clients and generate brain maps for therapy and conduct neurofeedback and EEG biofeedback sessions based on those maps.
- You will report directly to the clinical director through detailed and written clinical reports; these reports encompass session-to-session written tracking of the client’s progress.
- You will be in charge of biofeedback/ neurofeedback and neurostimulation equipment as well as ensuring that adequate supplies are present.
- Liaise with other interdisciplinary colleagues in order to create an integrative model of brain health.
Qualifications and Skills
You have a minimum of two years of university/college courses or a bachelor’s degree in any of social work, psychology, neuroscience, counselling, nursing, kinesiology, physiology, family science or a mental-health-related field.
You have a basic understanding of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, neurofeedback and biofeedback and you are willing (Continuing education will be required) to learn new material as it is presented.
You are willing to become BCIA or Othmer method neurofeedback certified and would want to pursue board certification within a 12-month time frame.
- You are outgoing and you enjoy talking to people while maintaining client confidentiality and respecting client-therapist boundaries.
- You are genuinely interested in the art and science of brain health, but more importantly, you have a passion to help others.
- You are skillful in educating clients about different products/services in a language that is elegant and simple (We will provide training)
- You have outstanding communication skills both verbally and also in providing colleagues with detailed written documentation (Client progress note, session reports etc.)
- You are computer-literate (Windows 10, office) and enjoy learning new software.
- You are a team player and you are aware of your limitations and you are unafraid to ask for help/second opinion; you have excellent interpersonal skills in communicating with a multidisciplinary team.
- You are self-driven and continuously desire personal and professional growth
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in any of the following:
Mental health counselling/therapies
Athletic/personal training and Kinesiology
Life coaching/Occupational therapy;
Applicants with their BCN/BCIA certification and/or a Masters level or above will be considered highly.
At Elumind we believe in the human potential and as such we are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from visible minorities including women, newly landed immigrants, aboriginals, seniors, and people with disability. We hire you based on your qualities as a human being with the utmost regard for your passion to help other fellow beings.