Passionate about concussion? Be a part of the inaugural team!
Sports Physiotherapist Position
A search is underway for leaders in concussion rehabilitation to join ADVANCE Concussion Clinic as it launches its Surrey location.
This is your chance!
- To use best-practice according to recent and current consensus statements in treating Canada’s Concussion epidemic.
- To work with a dedicated Sports Medicine Physician co-located in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility
- To practice true evidence-based concussion rehabilitation as part of an interdisciplinary team!
- To combine research and clinical work for the interested and experienced candidate
- To enjoy the security of a salaried position during these challenging times
Get the rare opportunity to be a part of this expansion of the only clinic of its kind in B.C. and Canada.
Positions may also be available for ACC’s Vancouver location.
Who are we?
- ACC is British Columbia's Only Dedicated Concussion Clinic, composed of an interdisciplinary team of specialists that provide evidence-based care using the most advanced knowledge on concussion.
- We are committed to educate, collaborate, better inform and improve concussion care and management in our B.C. community.
- Our team is composed of concussion specialists trained in health psychology, neuropsychology, occupational therapy, athletic therapy, kinesiology, counselling, and, of course, neuro- and sports-physiotherapy.
- We have been able to provide best practice concussion management remotely during this global crisis, to support our clients and to keep staff fully employed during this time.
- Providing physiotherapy assessment and treatment for oculomotor, vestibular, cervical and autonomic impairments associated with concussive injuries, as well as associated neurological, medical, and musculoskeletal conditions
- Collaborating with the team to facilitate the optimization of the service provided
- Nurturing and developing a client-centric, positive, health-focused and vibrant work culture
- Implementing an environment of best-practice service, accountability and performance
- Excellent writing and communication skills to deliver exceptional patient service and written professional reports required by third-parties
- Performing and/or reviewing research for continued professional development & best practices
- 3-5 years of practical experience working in a clinic environment providing Physiotherapy services
- Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) and/or Bachelors of Science in Physiotherapy
- Current and in good standing registration with The College of Physiotherapists of BC
- Previous experience working in a dynamic interdisciplinary setting
- Preference will be given to candidates with training/experience in the following: Concussion, Concussion Rehabilitation, Vestibular Rehabilitation, Oculomotor Assessment and Retraining, Musculoskeletal Assessment and Treatment, and/or Exercise Physiology.
Do not apply if the following is applicable:
- Less than 2 years experience
- Registration with a Canadian college is not current
- Competitive compensation package for a full-time position
- Coaching, professional development allowance, and team development activities in and outside the office.
If you are interested in a rewarding career at ACC, please send your resume & cover letter with the subject line “ Sports Physiotherapist" to email@example.com.
*ACC is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling ACC’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. ACC does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.