Are you someone who has a real passion for the rehabilitation and recovery of others? Are you a registered Occupational Therapist looking to showcase your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? If you've answered yes, then we want you to keep reading.
Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, and one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.6 million people, we serve 1/3 of BC’s entire population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities.
We currently have an exciting part time opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic as a dedicated Occupational Therapist to our Mental Health & Substance Use Services at Peace Arch Hospital, located in beautiful community of White Rock, BC.
Build on your education & career experience as you:
- Utilize an evidence-based approach, assesses patient’s occupational performance by methods such as reviewing records, interviewing the patient, family and team members, and gathering relevant information.
- Monitor the quality and outcome of occupational therapy treatment programs by determining the purpose, method and criteria of the evaluation, implementing the evaluation, and analyzing and interpreting results. Uses results for future planning and to improve service delivery.
- Prepare and delivers presentations on subjects related to Occupational Therapy to facility staff for in-service and orientations, and to the general public.
- Provide instruction, feedback and supervision of students to facilitate student learning, by modelling professional and ethical occupational therapy practice.
- Delegate components of treatment to assistants/aides by instructing, observing and monitoring treatment provided to ensure quality patient care. Provides input for the performance evaluation of the assistants/aides.
- Maintain patient records, clinical outcome measures and statistical data in accordance with department, facility and professional standards.
To join our team, you will have:
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapist of British Columbia (COTBC).
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with health care providers who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation.
Come work with dedicated professionals who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work.