Ready to Live Your Best Life?
The FIX is a brand new multidisciplinary clinic and boutique training facility opening in June 2019 inSummerside, Prince Edward Island. The FIX provides chiropractic and naturopathic care, medical
acupuncture, rehabilitation, massage therapy, personal training and fitness classes to the Summerside and surrounding regions of Prince Edward Island. The interdisciplinary health care team at The FIX provides patient-centered, hands-on, evidence informed treatment, through the highest quality, most thorough upstream approach to wellness.
Prince Edward Island is known around the world for its sandy beaches, rich culture, and diverse culinary offerings. The City of Summerside has all those things and more. Living and working in Summerside, you’ll enjoy stunning ocean views, acres of green spaces, unique shopping experiences, world-class theatrical and musical performances, and more. Summerside residents enjoy safe neighbourhoods, excellent schools, accessible health-care services, vibrant cultural attractions, lush parks and green spaces, stunning water views, revitalized downtown shopping, sports and leisure activities, entertainment venues, and short commutes to work. Summerside may be a small city, but in terms of ideas, ambition, and opportunity, we’re larger than life.
We are currently looking for a skilled and passionate physiotherapist who is eager to be part of a strong wellness team and who is looking to improve their lifestyle in a safe, friendly, and affordable
As a physiotherapist at The Fix, you will provide independent contractor services and
complement our growing team.
● Brand new, bright, 1800 square foot, dynamic clinic environment for staff, patients, and clients
● Five private treatment rooms with new electric tables, as well as a fully equipped gym available
for exercise programming
● All of your required equipment is provided
● Full time amazing office support: reception, administration, scheduling, form prep and
processing and direct billing, so you can focus on treating and keeping track of your charts!
● Online booking system so you can check and manage your schedule from your mobile device
● Flexible hours and positive workplace culture
● Career and business growth potential with a locally-owned, dynamic team
● Professional development opportunities encouraged and supported
● Highly competitive compensation
● Strong mentorship program and support provided through interprofessional health team
● Opportunities to have deep and long lasting impacts on the lives of patients and the community
Are You the Ideal Candidate to Join our Team?
As a physiotherapist at The Fix, you are proficient in your practice and have a growth mindset. You set the bar high for yourself and your colleagues, and you are unyielding in striving to provide the best care and service to your patients. You address complex issues by acquiring, processing, analyzing, and interpreting information to make informed judgments, decisions, and actions. You are ambitious in pursuing excellence and are eager to work and learn alongside colleagues with diverse professional and personal backgrounds and expertise. You have strong self-regulation skills, and reflect on your thinking, experiences, and feedback to enhance your practice.
Using a patient-centered, strengths-based approach, you will join our experienced and dedicated
professional staff to provide a range of assessments, interventions, and community-based services. You will assess patients, and plan and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction. You will treat new and returning patients in our facility using manual therapy and hands-on treatment, exercise prescription, procedures and techniques required to promote effective, safe recovery. You document patient progress, maintain clinical and statistical records, and chart according to the college’s standards and facility documentation procedures. You are a compassionate healer who is passionate about your patients and committed to helping them recover their independence and mobility. You have experience working with a wide range of patient injuries and age groups, and are always ready to learn new techniques to further patient care.
You will have many working relationships, which are imperative for the functioning of the overall clinic. You have strong cultural competence. You are skilled at establishing positive and respectful
relationships, developing trust and acting cooperatively, ethically, and with integrity - with patients,
colleagues in the clinic and broader community, and fitness facility members. You communicate with patients, referring physicians, chiropractors, and other healthcare professionals regarding patients' strengths, challenges, needs and progress. You respect that a patient's time is as important as a therapist's time, and you provide prompt and timely care.
If this sounds like you, we would love to invite you to join our dynamic team at our brand new, bright and welcoming facility!
● Registered or be eligible for registration with the Prince Edward Island College of
● Strong manual therapy background
● Strong expertise administering a wide range of physical therapy techniques to patients of all
ages with diverse injuries
● Valid First-Aid and CPR certification
● Valid liability insurance
Additional Desired Qualifications:
● Ability to organize and implement strategic marketing and networking systems to grow and
● Experience and professional expertise in orthopaedic manual therapy, sports injury
management, acupuncture and dry needling
● Experience with recommending assistive equipment including braces and rehabilitation
Interested in Joining The FIX Team?
Please forward your resume and cover letter
● The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory criminal records check prior to beginning
● Discretion is guaranteed for all applicants.
● If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please let us know of any accommodations
needed to meet your accessibility needs during the recruitment process. Any accommodation
information will be treated as confidential and only used for the purpose of enabling you to
have an accessible candidate experience