Up to $7500 Signing Bonus!
Per Visit Rate: Up To $90
Location: We have Occupational Therapist opportunities in multiple areas across Ontario including Toronto, Markham, Woodbridge, Niagara Region, Hamilton, London, and Barrie.
In this role of Occupational Therapist, you will provide community visits to assess abilities and needs of individuals while working with multidisciplinary teams and equipment vendors to facilitate function. Client groups receiving treatment may include pediatrics for in home or school services and/or adults with medical/health concerns.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Flexible scheduling options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Mileage compensation
- Employee well-being perks
- Electronic Documentation
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of healthcare workers and other community resources
- Analyze physical, cultural, social and institutional environmental impact on occupational performance and engagement issues
- Develop client centered plans with client, inter-professional teams and adjust services to reflect a client centered approach related to physical, social, cultural, institutional, and economic environment
- Demonstrate effective and evidence-based problem solving and judgement to address client needs
- Engage clients using a collaborative approach, building rapport and trust, achieving a mutual understanding and agreement related to services to be provided.
- Maintain the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe, efficient, effective service in all areas of practice by keeping abreast of changes in practice setting that affect scope of practice
- Maintain professional client records related to client encounters and plans in compliance with ParaMed’s policies and the standards applied by the regulatory body or Occupational Therapy college.
What you bring:
- Registration with the provincial College of Occupational Therapists (in good standing)
- Accepting New Graduates Licensed
- ADP authorization preferred
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of applicable community resources available for clients and families
- Current certification (within the past 12 months) of First Aid and CPR
- Able to provide a current, clear Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS)