Our current CAVC unit is expanding and we are adding 23 beds to our existing 36 bed unit, with an additional 4 beds dedicated to Transitional Home Ventilation (THV) program. Patients are ventilator dependent requiring total patient care. Patients are cared for by an inter-professional team, of which Respiratory Therapists are key. Please join us on this journey forward as West Park continues to expand.
- B.Sc. Physiotherapy or equivalent or
- M.Sc. Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Must be able to achieve 80% in the Functional Independent Measure (FIM) certification exam within the probationary period and on recertification exams if applying to work on any of the following rehabilitation units: 3EA (Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation), 3EB (Amputee Rehabilitation), 3EC (Neurological Rehabilitation), 2EB (TB Rehabilitation) and 2WF (Respiratory Rehabilitation)
- Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association preferred
- 1 to 2 years clinical experience, preferably in the area for which hired
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to relate effectively to all levels of staff and work in an interprofessional team
- Availability to work a flexible work schedule
- Ability to demonstrate a customer service philosophy
- Ability to function in a consult model
- Demonstrated to be self-directed seeking direction appropriately
- Ability to be on call by pager some evenings and weekends as required
- ADP Authorizer preferred
- Rostered at the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario for the controlled acts of tracheal suctioning and administering a substance by inhalation
- Evidence of satisfactory attendance record
- An employee’s disciplinary record will be reviewed as part of the assessment of qualifications
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Assess and treat patients.
- Provide education to patients, their families and team members.
- To develop and adjust patient treatment plans.
- Pursue continuous professional development, which includes active participation in the Physiotherapy Professional Standards and Issues Committee.
- Participate in service planning.
- Complete timely and thorough clinical documentation.
- Complete clinical workload statistics
- Assist CPL and/or CRL – PT with training and supervising RA’s and PT students and volunteers.
- Participate in interprofessional rounds.
- Participate in team and/or centre- wide committees.
- Participate in clinical evaluation.
- Participate in development of advances of practice for the profession.
- Participates in student education
- To provide coverage elsewhere throughout the centre on an as needed basis