Posting # 2023-918187
Department: Chiropody Footcare Clinics - Transitions & Integrated Care
Status: Temporary Part-time for approx. 12 months (must provide availability up to 0.4 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Sunday, days & evenings, 7.5 Hour shifts (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare’s vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always, goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!
At Halton Healthcare you will thrive in a healthcare culture and environment that embraces inclusion, diversity and belonging with ‘exemplary patient care, always’ at the heart of everything we do.
We empower our people to be the very best they can be so they can make a difference for our patients and the communities we serve.
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative center of excellence in community hospital care
To assess and treat foot conditions in a clinic and hospital setting, as well as in the community in retirement and long term care homes.
To contribute to creating a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff and others, working in compliance with the hospital code of conduct and the provisions of health and safety policies and legislation. Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and report hazards.
- Assess and treat foot conditions. Treatment consists of patient education, routine foot care, wound management, nail surgery, custom orthotics, compression stockings and provision of foot care products.
- Function as a collaborative member of the department team which consists of Chiropodists, Registered Practical Nurses, and administrative team to provide a quality customer focused service and a successful revenue generating department.
- Providing community based foot care as required to retirement and long term care homes if necessary.
- Demonstrated competency in chosen profession; consistently demonstrate knowledge and expertise in professional practice and hospital-based standards
- Demonstrated patient and consumer focus; makes a commitment to meet or exceed the needs of all internal and external customers
- Demonstrated team player; interacts with co-workers, physicians, volunteers, patients and their families in a way that demonstrates that everyone involved in patient care is valuable
- Demonstrated strong communicator; listen for clarity and meaning, and to speak in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation
- Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every coworker, patient or family member with understanding and kindness and hold in high regard and respond appropriately to the needs of self and others
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility; to model a sound understanding of, and work within, the financial boundaries of Halton Healthcare funding
This is what you will need:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Recognized diploma in Chiropody required
- Current registration with and member in good standing of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Experience in providing clinical care, particularly to the elderly
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to effectively interact within a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound problem solving skills
- Flexible to meet changing department/service needs
- Must have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel within Halton and surrounding areas if necessary
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Refreshed: May 3, 2023
Note for internals: Initial internal deadline passed, new applicants welcome to apply!