Legge Health Clinic is a locally owned multidisciplinary clinic of over 23 years. Our clinic philosophy of a team approach working collaboratively to provide our patients with the optimal manual therapy and preventative healthcare. Our current team provides registered massage therapy, chiropractic/orthotics, osteopathy, naturopathic medicine, traditional chinese medicine, acupuncture, SFMA; selective functional movement assessment and prescribed exercises, low level laser phototherapy and sports therapy.
Physiotherapy will function with the philosophy of utilizing our team to facilitate treatment and care of patients.
Physiotherapists perform some or all the following duties:
- Assess patients' physical abilities such as functional ability tests
- Establish treatment goals with patients based on physical diagnoses
- Plan and implement programs of physiotherapy including therapeutic exercise, manipulations, education, the use of electro-therapeutic and other mechanical equipment
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment plans and modify accordingly
- Communicate with referring physician and other healthcare professionals
- Maintain clinical and statistical records and consult with other health care professionals
- Develop and implement health promotion programs for patients, staff and the community
- May provide consulting or education services.
Physiotherapists shall focus their practice primarily in orthopedics with sports as well as neurology, rheumatology, obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics, in the treatment of patients with cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary disorders, burns or sports injuries or in the field of ergonomics.
- Optional signing and relocation compensation packages
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive profit-sharing package
- Full Reception; (booking, billing & laundry) scheduled patients for you upon your full time start
- Business support (clinic software & marketing)
- Rounds - team meetings discussing patient care, team dynamics, continuing education
- Flexible schedules to accommodate work-life balance
- Warm, inviting professional atmosphere in a heritage property
- Listed provider with the Dalhousie Univeristy Student Health Plan
- Optional health-care benefits package & continuing education may be available
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A university masters degree in physiotherapy and a period of supervised practical training are required.
- A licence or registration with a regulatory body is required to practice physiotherapy in the province of Nova Scotia.
- Completion of the Physiotherapy National Exam, administered by the Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulatory Boards, may be required